OptumRx Mail Order Information
OptumRx (formerly known as Catamaran) is pleased to partner with CommunityCare to provide quality pharmacy services to its members.
Manage your prescriptions from anywhere.
Mail Order Form
First time users
You must enroll with OptumRx before any mail service prescriptions can be filled. You can enroll one of three easy ways - by mail, via the Internet or by telephone.
- By Mail: To enroll by mail, complete the enclosed Home Delivery Form and return it in the pre-addressed, postage-paid envelope provided.
When completing this form, please remember to include the member ID and Rx Group numbers that are printed on your member identification (ID) card.
- Online: Online enrollment is available through www.mycatamaranRx.com.
Using your Member ID number, log in to the member web site and follow the instructions for new enrollment with Home Delivery.
- By Telephone: You may also enroll by calling OptumRx at 1-800-763-0044 Member Service Representatives are available Mon-Fri 7am - 9pm CST, Sat 7am - 4pm.
Ordering a new prescription
There are 3 ways to submit your new prescriptions.
- Send in new prescriptions with your Enrollment Form to OptumRx. Home Delivery forms can be obtained by calling our Member Services Department at 1-877-293-8628 Mon-Fri 8am - 6pm CST.
- Have your doctor call us with your prescription. The doctor will need your Member ID number.
- Have your doctor fax us your prescription. The doctor will need your Member ID number.
Prescriptions should be written for up to a 90-day supply and include the number of refills you should receive (up to a one-year supply).
Include appropriate copayment with your order. Payment can be made using a credit card (VISA, MasterCard or Discover), personal check or money order. Please do not send cash.
Allow at least 14 days to receive your first refill.
Ordering prescription refills
Refills of your established prescriptions can be requested in 3 ways:
- Mail us the refill request slip provided with every order.
- Online at www.mycatamaranRx.com.
- Call the automated touch-tone refill service at 1-800-763-0044.
Current Mail Service Prescriptions
Do you have one or more refills remaining with your current mail service pharmacy? If so, your current, valid* prescriptions will be transferred to OptumRx on your behalf.
The following cannot be transferred. These require a NEW prescription from your doctor.
- Compound medications
- Drugs considered at a higher risk of being abused (controlled drugs) which include Ritalin®, Vicodin®, Valium® for example
- Expired prescriptions
- Prescriptions without remaining refills
- Future-fill prescriptions that have not been processed by your current mail service and are being held for a future date.
- *By law, certain types of medications will require new prescriptions.